Hopefully, you have all received a note home from school today about your child’s involvement with our Music Evening, next Wednesday (15 June).
Please sign and return this note to the front office (not me!), by Friday. Jenny will collect all the forms from all students.
It’s important we know who is coming, for programming purposes. You will receive a copy of the program at the event.
As per previous notifications, the event will run from 7pm until about 8:30pm. It will be held in the school gymnasium. The evening will showcase the all budding musicians taught by the two instrumental teachers at school (myself being one of these teachers), as well as the Junior School Choir.
This means we’ll have a range of stringed instruments (violin, guitar), recorder, keyboard and voice ensembles and soloists.
The evening is all about celebrating musicianship, so we are asking that all children and families stay until the conclusion of the evening, to support all of our fine musicians.
Here’s the basic run down:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early, so your child has time to settle before the performance and we can begin promptly
- Students are asked to wear either a musicians outfit (black pants with white or black top), or their school uniform
- Please ensure your child has their instrument and music with them
- Guitars will be tuned during the day, so please bring them to the OSHC room. Lessons are on as normal on concert Wednesday
- Performing students will be seated at the front of the hall and can return to their families at the conclusion of all of their perfomances. This is to assist the smooth running of the concert, so we can finish on time for our younger musicians
That’s all I can think of for now. I will let you know any further information as it makes itself known to me.
Thanks for all of your support and I look forward to seeing you there!
Warmest Regards and Joyous Melodies,